Complete exterior renovation of the Historic Lanesfield School
at the Lanesfield Historical Site
Renovations included - replacing 350 native stones and historic tuck pointing of
all mortar joints.
The site features the limestone Lanesfield School, a visitors center with
exhibits and a museum
store, a picnic area, and walking trails in a 79-acre native tall grass prairie.
Built in 1869, the school is the only standing structure from
Lanesfield, Kansas. The town served as a mail stop on the
Santa Fe Trail, identified with a 1906 Daughters of the American
Revolution marker. An 1858 pre-Civil War skirmish also took
place in the area between Missouri Border Ruffians and
Free-State Kansans, led by General James H. Lane, the town’s
Below are photos where we are replacing several blocks of stone.